MWCS FITNESS CENTER POLICIES FOR PUBLIC USE
The MWCS Fitness center may be used at no charge during Public Hours by MWCS participants. Those who meet the criteria listed below are considered MWCS participants:
- Students in grades 9-12
- Students in grades 6,7 & 8 who are accompanied by an adult.
- MWCS teacher and non-teaching employees and their families.
- Retired employees of the district.
- MWCS district residents.
A guest is someone who does not meet these criteria.
Guests may use The Fitness Center under the following rules:
- Prior to using the Center, they must complete the Fitness Facilities Release Form and the Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire.
- Guests must have their Initiation Workout in which the supervisory staff trains them on the proper use of the Fitness Center equipment.
- Their first two visits are free.
- Subsequent visits will require a $2 fee.
- Guests must be accompanied by the MWCS participant for all of their visits.
1. All participants, other than students, must complete a Fitness Facilities Release Form at the Fitness Center.
2. All participants, other than students, must complete a Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire (PAR-Q) prior to using the facility. If an individual responds “yes” to any of the questions on the PAR-Q, they will be required to obtain their physician’s approval. The Medical Release form must be completed and signed by their doctor before they may use the facility.
3. All participants must be trained on the proper use of the Fitness Center equipment by the supervisory staff prior to using the Center.
4. Students, MWCS participants, and guests are not allowed in the Fitness Center without supervision of a Fitness Center Supervisor. Staff and faculty may use the Fitness Center without supervision but they may not workout alone. They may not supervise any students, MWCS participants, or guests unless they have CPR and AED certification.
5. 6th, 7th and 8th grade students must be accompanied by an adult to use the Fitness Center during public hours.
6. Only students grades 6 or above may be in the Fitness Center. Participants may not bring younger children to the Fitness Center or to the school unless they are in a supervised activity such as Biddy Basketball or karate lessons.
7. Participants must wear athletic shoes and the proper exercise clothing.
8. Rules are posted in the Fitness Center and must be followed by all participants.
9. Failure to comply with any of these rules or policies may result in an individual being prohibited from using the Fitness Center.
10. The Fitness Center may be closed during public hours due to unforeseen circumstances.
11. These policies and rules are subject to change.